Thursday 19 March 2015

La Kitchenette Souris : Ginger Snaps

These are a huge favorite of mine!

I adore Ginger Snaps, but am not fond of crunchy cookies, & usually, when you are served Ginger Snaps, they are crunchy.
Not these ones.
Moist & chewy!

It does make a larger amount, but then again, they are easy to eat so that's probably a good thing. HAHA 

Be sure to try them~ excellent cookie to go with milk!


Ginger Snaps


1 1/2 cups butter
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup molasses
2 eggs

4 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon ginger
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt

Cream first 4 ingredients.
Add dry ingredients & mix well.

Form 1 inch balls & roll in white sugar.
Bake at 375F for 6-8 minutes.
Do not over-bake!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try making these! Like you I love moist and chewy cookies, and I also love ginger- one of my favorite cookies to buy is the ginger molasses cookies sold at Tim Hortons! :)

    I have really enjoyed visiting you blog again, I used to get on your old one. :) Your mom gave me the link to this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is without a doubt my favourite go to recipe for ginger snaps! Even Alan who is not a fan of traditional ginger cookies loves this recipe! Well done, Mouse!

    ReplyDelete