Monday 13 April 2015

La Kitchenette Souris : Easy Garlic Broiled Chicken { Possible Fire Hazard }

I really must warn you, this recipe is a fire hazard!
Not kidding.

It sounds rather funny when put that way, but honestly, when you are broiling something on High & uncovered, & said item has butter in it that is sizzling & splattering, there is a risk of your oven catching on fire.

I suggest having baking soda handy to douse it in, just in case, & DO NOT LEAVE UNATTENDED!
Keep your eye on it at all times... 

Fortunately it does not take long to cook & is very tasty. 
I honestly would make it again, despite the dangers.
HAHA.
But that's just me.

However, if you are an inexperienced cook or under the age of 18, allow me to suggest parents be home & aware of what you are doing.
I don't want folks coming back to sue me for burning their house down.
I DID warn you about the risks! *grins* 

That being said, it is delicious & not all that complicated, nor does it require many ingredients.
A good budget meal.

[Unless of course you do burn the house down~ then I think your budget will be something else entirely!
Sorry.
I really am finding too much amusement in this whole thing.]


Easy Garlic Broiled Chicken


1/2 cup butter
3 Tablespoons fresh garlic, finely minced
3 Tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 Tablespoon dried parsley
(I used 2 Tablespoons of fresh parsley & it still was a great flavor!)
6 chicken thighs 
(I used chicken legs, bone in, skin on~ so quick, still works great!)

Preheat the oven broiler on High.

(If your oven smells funny, don't be alarmed~ mine did too)
BE SURE TO OPEN A WINDOW OR TWO! 
THIS WILL SMOKE LIKE CRAZY & TURN THE AIR BLUE!
Not kidding.

Lightly grease a baking pan.

Melt the butter, garlic, soy sauce, pepper, & parsley in a small pot.

 Arrange chicken on the baking pan & coat with the butter mixture, reserving some of the mixture for basting.

Broil chicken 10 minutes in the preheated oven.

Turn over & baste with remaining sauce.

Broil another 10 minutes.

Remove & immediately take chicken off pan & place on a plate.

Set aside.
Then place warm water in your pan & add a generous amount of baking soda.
Let soak for about 10 minutes, which allows the pan to cool.
In the end, it will make it much easier to get the badly burnt pan clean.

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha, I'm finding this amusing as well. :) "Unless of course you do burn the house down~ then I think your budget will be something else entirely!" Super funny. :) This sounds delicious. However, with my skills in the areas of ruining things, hurting myself and being klutzy/ditzy, I think it would be rather disastrous. :) Also it would take FOREVER to make enough for my family. :)

    ReplyDelete