Saturday 7 November 2015

La Kitchenette Souris: Coconut Bars

Personally, I felt these were lacking a little something.
I made them without the nuts, but I definitely recommend using nuts. I will next time.
I am also thinking I might dabble with a sort of sauce to pour over before serving, just to jazz them up a tad... they felt plain.... 

However, my parents really loved them & so did a few other people that tried them!

Thus, I feel fine sharing the recipe, as is, now & I will reblog it another time, if I make it & change it.

The Coconut Bars on the stack on the left. The bars on the right, are Chocolate Chip Bars & you can find the recipe for them ~HERE~


Coconut Bars


1/4 cup margarine
1 1/2 cups flour
2 egg yolks
1/4 cup brown sugar

Blend well & pat into 8x8 inch pan.

2 unbeaten egg whites
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup coconut
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix well & pour evenly over "crust".

Sprinkle crushed walnuts over the top, about 1/2 a cup, or whatever amount you wish. 

Bake at 350F for 30 minutes. 

These stay soft & moist. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a huge fan of coconut but because of this post I was reminded of my love for chocolate chip bars! I haven't made those in forever! I'll have to make up a batch soon. :)

    ReplyDelete