Saturday 20 February 2016

Random Snaps From My Life {6}

I didn't realize how long it had been since I had posted on here... life just has a way of throwing a lot at you that you didn't expect. (More on that in another post)

I have taken a few country drives lately, and of course, I always wind up with a few photos, normally sunset photos since they are my favorites. 








Went out for supper with a friend this week~ I have never been to Chili's before, but now that I have, I will definitely return sometime! 

Love Mexican food so not sure why I haven't tried this place before. 


We had fajitas~ chicken & steak, with lots of toppings. Quite delicious!


Dessert was pretty impressive too~ warm brownie with ice cream & hot toffee sauce, and then more crumbled toffee & chocolate on top.


And I couldn't resist taking a photo of my super unhealthy but very delicious meal of Fried Chicken & Fries, from A&W. heehee


On a healthier note, we've been growing some of our own sprouts lately. 

So easy to do & much more affordable than buying them!



Dad got Mom & I a pretty little rose bush & some chocolates for Valentine's Day. 

They are still alive, but I have a hard time keeping these roses green.... 



Some tulips that arrived for Mom from some friends. 


The latest vintage selfie. 

I love this dress because you can toss it on, add red lipstick & look instantly dressed up.


On another day, I wore a lot of red, with just a pop of purple.


It had been so long since I had actually seen my dresser, that I had to snap a photo of it looking all clean & tidy. 

It only stayed that way for a day. Haha


Trying to complete a painting I had started months ago...


And I did finally get it done! I am pleased with how it turned out.


A co-worker gave me a copy of this little poem, so of course, Geronimo had to pose for a photo with it. 


This was my pile of mailing waiting to be replied to about a week ago.

Now it has doubled.

I really should take another shot of it all. It's insane. 

I doubt I will ever get caught up...


But I have been receiving such amazing packages & goodies. Go visit my ~Instagram~ to see more!

I was totally floored by this gorgeous drawing from Hannah! Just love it! 


Hannah also sent all these amazing Valentine's goodies with! I will probably save them all for next year, but wow, they are so pretty!


This lovely calendar full of photos of George & Charlotte arrived~ looks so charming in my bedroom! 


This masterpiece was a delightful surprise~ it is a handmade, crocheted table runner style doily.

Thank you so much, Stephanie, you did a great job!!


My east coast sister, Jennifer, surprised me with this package full of everything I love: a book, a movie, paper and cards, chocolate, washi tape, magnets.... who doesn't like getting such a package?!?!


Another surprise was this gorgeous storybook coloring book~ it was one I really wanted so needless to say, I am thrilled to have a copy!!!


More lovely gifts from my dear friends~ and all very Parisian too. 

That coloring book is absolutely stunning!!! Perfection!!!


I am still trying to create some Valentine's themed mail.... I have all the supplies dug out & organized, so instead of putting them all away for next year, I thought I might do a bit more of the pink & red with lots of hearts themes for a while... I don't think anyone will mind. 




Hope y'all are having a good February! 

No comments:

Post a Comment