Friday 6 May 2016

La Kitchenette Souris: Healthy Bread

I tried out a new recipe for bread that is extremely healthy, and while it did taste good & was very soft & moist, it hardly rose at all. 

However I used a heavier, milled flour, so next time I will be changing the flour up a bit, and if that doesn't work, I will fiddle around with the yeast proportions. 

Also, I would suggest sifting your flour as that could make a difference! 

I thought I would go ahead & share the recipe anyways, just in case some of you are looking for a very healthy bread recipe. 


Healthy Bread


5 cups warm water
1 cup olive oil
1/4 cup raw cane sugar
1 Tablespoon sea salt
2 Tablespoons yeast
12 1/2 cups flour 
(I suggest using unbleached white flour~ I believe that will rise. But if you want healthy, I use organic, milled whole wheat flour.)



Mix all together in bowl.
Cover & let rise in warm place for 1 hour. 
Punch down, let rise for 15 minutes, & repeat this 4 times. 
Then let rise 10 minutes, before placing into pans.
Let rise 2 hours.



Bake at 375F for 30 minutes. 

Makes 6 small loaves or 3 medium loaves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment