Thursday 9 April 2015

La Kitchenette Souris : Tie-Dyed Easter Cupcakes

I had this idea in my mind for some cute, colorful Easter cupcakes & wanted to give them a go.

I will admit, I had a lot of unforeseen difficulties with these & they still didn't turn out quite how I wanted them to, but I was still pleased with the results & now I will know how to go about this style next time! 



To make the cupcakes different colors, I made a basic White Cake mix, divided it into 3 bowls & added a few drops of food coloring.
Then just used a separate teaspoon & spooned bits into the cupcake liners in various orders. 
It just made it a little more interesting & unique than regular white or chocolate cake. 

For the grass on top, I used a Wilton Cake Decorating "grass" tip, made my own buttercream icing in a soft-almost-medium- consistency & then just nestled Mini Eggs (Cadbury brand I think?) on top. Once you've mastered the icing technique, it is fast & simple. 


White Cupcakes


  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 2/3 cup milk



Preheat oven to 350°F & line your cupcake tin with paper or foil liners .


Cream the butter & sugar together.
 Add the eggs, beat well.
Stir in the vanilla extract.



Sift together the dry ingredients & add to the butter mixture one third at a time, alternating with the milk.


 Pour into the prepared cupcake pan & bake for 18 to 24 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.


 Makes 12 cupcakes.


1 comment:

  1. omg so yummy!!!!! reminds me of funfetti cake mix :) my favorite!

    ReplyDelete