Sunday 2 August 2015

La Kitchenette Souris : The Chef Returns & Revisits Yummy Recipe Haunts / July Food Adventures

Wow what a long absence!
But I really did have a crazy July~ a lot of work & a lot of events.
I knew if I tried to fit baking/cooking into the mess, I just wouldn't survive.

First, a little lovely, happy music for you, while you read & browse my recipe section again.

However things are slowing down now & I hope to be trying new recipes again really soon!
 
In fact, I have already been busy & will have a new recipe up this week sometime!

I started off strong with 2 dozen Bran Muffins.
You can find the recipe ~HERE~


We harvested our first batch of green beans & it was a pleasant surprise to discover SO many when our garden has been doing so poorly this year, it really can't be called a garden. *heehee*


Of course I saved some out so I could make Green Beans with Lemon & Garlic.
You can find this easy & delicious recipe ~HERE~


I also received requests from certain someones for Greek Ribs *grins* so I re-made a sort of "classic meal", but of course with Mousie touches. 

These are all must make recipes! Don't miss out!

You can find ~Greek Ribs HERE~


I  headed off to the farmers market this Saturday morning, which was packed, as usual.


But I am more than pleased with my haul, at the end of it.
Didn't really even spend that much & everything is organic/chemical free/fresh etc. 

I purchased: Foccacia Bread Stuffed with Pepperoni & Cheese, Whole Wheat Tortillas, Red Chile Salsa, an English Cucumber, a head of Broccoli, Sweet Spinach, Garlic, Yellow Onions, Head Lettuce, Green Onions,  Swiss Chard, & Curly Parsley.


Oh yes & I almost forgot to blog my other food adventure~ going to Taste of Saskatchewan for the first time!

I have been meaning to for years, just never went. 

So Mom & I headed off to see what all the fuss was about.
Yeah. 
Bad idea.
2 Foodies. Going Together. To a place just for eating & eating & eating.

We split everything between us so we could try more. *snickers*.

We tried: Schnitzel on a Bun, Smoked Pulled Pork Sandwich, Fish & Chips, Chicken Souvlaki with Greek Salad & Taziki Sauce, Cinnamon Sugar Bannock, & French Macarons.
We went back & got more Bannock & Peanut Butter Pie. HAHA.


Of course, when you see something called "Frozen Chocolate Dipped Cheesecake on a Stick", you just have to try it.
Brilliant idea. Absolutely brilliant.


And that has been my food adventures of the month! 

Here is to more yummy tastes in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment