Sunday 24 September 2023

Bean-Free Low-Carb Chili

 Hello, everyone! I am SO excited to bring you this recipe, as it's my absolute favorite, as I happen to not be someone who likes beans. It's astounding how many chilis require chili to create the right texture, etc. I came across this version while hunting for a keto-friendly chili, that could be made in a Instant Pot. 

Thus, *important note*, you will need an Instant Pot for this one! However, it's super easy, and can be ready quite quickly. It also freezes really well, and makes a great choice for meal prepping. 

Be sure to scroll down for a few extra photo guidelines. 

Here is the ingredients you will need to collect:

❤ Bean-Free Chili ❤


2 1/2 pounds ground beef

1/2 large white onion, chopped

6 cloves garlic, minced

2  15oz cans diced tomatoes (you can use fresh instead)

1  6oz can tomato paste

1  4oz can green chilis w/liquid 

2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

1 heaping Tablespoon Chili Powder (1/4 cup for spicy version)

2 Tablespoons whole Cumin

1 Tablespoon dried Oregano

2 teaspoons sea salt

1 teaspoon ground black pepper

1 large Bay Leaf (or 2-3 small ones)


Select Saute on Instant Pot settings; allow to heat up for a few minutes (no lid).

Add onion and cook 5-7 minutes until translucent.

Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute.

Add beef. Cook 10 minutes, breaking apart/stirring, until browned.

"Cancel" Saute mode.

Add remaining ingredients, except for Bay Leaf. Add 1 cup of water. Stir until combined.

Place Bay Leaf in the middle.

Close lid. Select Meat/Stew setting, for 35 minutes. 

When done, all to settle and wait for 20 minutes before releasing steam, or allow to naturally release.

Don't forget to remove those Bay Leaves! 

Stir and serve with shredded cheese or sour cream. 

Can also be served a form of dip for tortilla chips! 

Now for my photographic walk-thru the recipe. Guys, I have made this one so many times, I almost have the recipe completely memorized! I am still hunting for the perfect complimentary biscuit recipe to go alongside it, but I predict I will find one this winter. *hehe* 

Tip for cutting onions: wash your knife down with cold water before starting, and a few times during cutting. Also, right after you peel your onion, wash it down with cold water before you start cutting. This definitely does slow down the "bawling your eyes out" effect. 

When it comes to garlic, I know the recipe calls for 8 cloves which is a good amount already, but to be honest, I put in 10 to 12 cloves, especially if they are tiny. Measure garlic with your heart! 


Also, I am aware that this is a lot of meat, but you definitely eat way less:


Here is a photo of some of the other ingredients I use, so you can check out some of the brands I use & ask any questions, if you wish! 


I find it can be difficult to source cans of green chilis but they are so yummy! 


Dump this all into your Instant Pot for a very colourful array:


And we definitely do not want a "white person" chili, so we are adding a lot of spices, and feel free to make those measurements heaping:


Finally, you add that cup of water, stir it all up, then lay your bay leaves on top & we are all ready to close it up & let it cook!


As mentioned, this is a great meal-prepping dish, and I have froze it many times. Post being frozen, it may be a smidge more watery, but still tastes fantastic! 


Let me know if you give this recipe a go, or share your favorite Instant Pot recipes in the comments below! Oh, and if you make any great breads or biscuits to go with this, I would love to see those recipes as well! 

Have a wonderful week! 







No comments:

Post a Comment