Sunday 17 September 2023

The Side Table DIY

Greetings, blogging peeps! How has life been treating your lately? I know we all dealing with a lot of burn-out & exhaustion because the world has been a tad crazy for more than a little while. Feel free to leave a comment if you just need somewhere safe to let some things out. 

Sidenote, sometimes certain moods call for matching music, and I found this melancholy playlist quite calming somehow. I haven't gotten thru the entire 10 hour playlist, so if there is an odd one in there somewhere, forgive me. *hehe* ~ Feeling Melancholic Playlist ~ 

One of the ways I destress, is by browsing Facebook Marketplace and hitting up local thrift stores. This isn't the best way to calm down, but at least I am never spending much money, and I have definitely found some really lovely items. 

Remember this funky side table I got? I paid just $5 on FB Marketplace, and figured I could paint it to give it a fresh look and make it match our lazy boy. In case you forgot what the before looked like, here is a refresher: 

Yeeaahhhh, she's a bit odd with neon yellow "legs", a dark teal top, and a white bottom/sides. I mean, in some styles, it could totally fit with the funky vibe! *hehe* If you have such room vibes, totally send me photos, because I must see. 

Anyways, it took a lot more work than it should have because, well, I don't live alone, and there have been a **lot** of other home projects going on around this particular project because tiny home living isn't nearly as dreamy as social media can make it look. #KeepinItReal 

She isn't perfect, but she is done now and looking quite lovely:

I am quite pleased how she looks, although to be completely transparent, it did end up costing a bit since spray paint and painting supplies are a bit costly, and I owned none. However, now that I do own quite a few, many will be able to be re-used over and over for future projects. 

Look at how well she coordinates with the chair & pillow:

Obviously, she won't be styled quite so cutely, as she has a purpose, which is to currently hold a fan, but eventually she will be part of a reading spot. 


Do you like to DIY? What are your current projects? Any favorite projects you have completed? Tell me about them in a comment below! 




No comments:

Post a Comment