Monday 4 September 2023

Little Life Happenings

Greetings, friends! I am so happy you have decided to join me on my blog once again. Can you believe I am making another post so soon? It feels amazing to be doing more writing again. I am guessing now that I have begun, I will find many more thoughts and words eager to escape my every bustling mind. 


{Found Via Pinterest}



Hmmm..... what music shall we have to set the mood today? How about a sweeping, romantic song, full of pure love and gorgeous piano playing? Anyone else a fan of Yanni? I know, I know. It's quite cheesy to say you love his music, but honestly, I don't understand why he receives the hate he has, because I find his music refreshing and calming. Here is the tune I cannot get out of my mind: ~ Felitsa: Live at El Morro ~  

Have you been listening to any inspirational music lately? Feel free to leave titles or composer suggestions in the comments below. I am a true Libra in the sense I adore music and always play things that reflect my mood. Seeing as my mood changes nearly every hour, the music variety can be equally spicy. *hehe* 

I have to forewarn you, this post will not have a theme. It's merely going to be a collection of random happenings in my life that when viewed individually, don't seem like all that much, but when put all together in one large collection, add up to a pretty good life. There have been a **LOT** of hiccups and challenges and unforeseen craziness. However we are here, trying to practice more gratitude for the little things in life. 

{Found Via Pinterest/ Lucy In The Sky Creations}


Raccoon is very kindly allowing me to use his desktop computer, and set me all up, so thanks to him for being the reason this blog has been revived. He just came in while I am typing this and asked "Whatcha doing taking photos in MY office?!" *hehe* I am considering getting my own laptop or desktop in the future, but for now, it isn't necessary, which is awesome. Y'all may not remember, but I find technology anxiety inducing sometimes, so the less devices I have, the better. Less to break, thus less anxiety! Here is a photo of what I look like these days while typing up these blog posts:


I still love thrifting as much as ever, and there is one thrift store in particular I really enjoy going to, because they have new sales every week and still tolerable prices. A favorite piece I recently scored is this gorgeous PEI collectable plate:


Raccoon had an older lazy boy chair he brought with to our new place, but it was a rather beige-peach blend of a colour and I am quite fussy when it comes to everything matching. *wink* We ordered a cover online and hoped it would be the colour I wanted, and it was perfect! Completely brightened up the room:



I love that the pillow cover my sister sent me is the perfect match! It makes a great foot rest and is a really cozy touch. But don't presume everything around here is all neat and tidy. I feel like everywhere you go on social media, the perfect aesthetic is being presented to you. Everyone appears to have a dream life where houses don't get messy, colours always coordinated, and certainly none of us live in a construction zone! While I do want to highlight the beautiful and the positive, I also want to show the real side of life. 

We are still awaiting sidewalks, landscaping, and our garage to be done and ready to use. Thus not only do the views out our windows look unappealing, but we have had a rather large mountain dwelling in our living room. As I type, they are digging out all the clay with aggressively loud, beeping machines.


We have worked hard on the living room mountain, and tucked as much away into the small storage space as possible, and I decided to hide the rest under a lace table cloth.


With so many new household items and many, many boxes arriving with items we ordered online, it has felt like Christmas. It never fails to give me a little **zing** of delight when I get to open a box and see what's inside. Doesn't matter if I already know! 


Also, while it's true that being adult means you get excited over things like dishcloths or utensils, who cares?! If it brings joy, it brings joy, and that's what matters. Peep our new shower head! We are unsure how well it will work in our super tiny shower, but it was worth a shot. Just waiting to acquire the proper tool before we can install it.


In case you don't already know, I **love** Mario Kart and intend to get items needed to be able to play it at home one day. In the meantime, while I am saving up, we went on a date to a somewhat new arcade, because I saw they had Mario Kart. *hehe* 


It's good it costs money, because I could have played for hours, and I wanted to try out some of the other games like basketball and air hockey, fueled on by iced tea. 


I own exactly one polo shirt, which I got from work with a supplement brand logo on it. I have been wearing it a lot lately because the colour makes me happy. 



We go on soooo many adventures, and I am often taking photos and videos, so be sure to check out my Instagram and TikTok to come along with us! I am really terrible at going on road trips or to events, and then posting them weeks later, so just assume everything you see online is not in real time. *wink*

To wrap up today's ramblings, I wanted to share this piece of artwork I came across recently. It's so beautiful and inviting, yet I have many questions as it has a haunting edge. Please let me know if you are aware who the artist is and if they have a website or media I can link to!



Thank you for all the views on my latest blog post! I really appreciate each of you who took the time to stop by and have a read. If you are game to share one of my recipes on your social media, that would be delightful. 



5 comments:

  1. Rock on Bekah! Great blog! You should write a book my dear- I don't know you real well but I suspect you have a novel lurking around; just ready to pop out! The dead seagull landing on the hood of your car would make a great opening scene! Lol! ( No really!) All the best- I will be following.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven’t read a blog post in years but now I am reading yours. Blogging was fun for me too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading your post! It never has to have a rhyme or reason - I think those are some of the best kind to read. You inspire me to get back into writing. Please keep going - it's always wonderful hearing what you're up to. 😊 Cheers, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see another post. I like words (and pictures too) so blogs are great for delving deeper than other social media platforms.
    Can't say I have been listening to any music at all lately. When life is hard, I switch off the music.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully wrote. You sound so happy 😊

    ReplyDelete