Saturday 7 October 2023

One Thrifting Adventure...Of Many...

  Hello, my online journaling friends! How has October been treating you? Mine has already been off to a busy start, but somehow, stopping by the thrift store has become a usual part of my Monday errands. Although, as the fall wanes on, I will be trying to stay out of such stores, and focusing on saving for bigger items, as well as using what I have. 

But I wanted to share some ... errrr-ummm, **SOME**.... of the items I recently hauled. Being drawn to cozy items doesn't help when one's in a second hand shop, and I am such a nester! 

On my last visit, they had some lovely fall decor out and the store felt extra inviting. 



I love the weeks books are on sale, because that's when I allow myself to hoard a few extras... pretty sure at this point I am mostly collecting books, and not really reading them. Haha


This is one of my favorite corners of the store. They have done a really nice job trying to make it an inviting spot to take your time browsing. 


Now for what I got! And shown in possibly the most unaesthetic photos possible, but I am just going for the "real life" vibes hard core these days. 

Here are a few of the books I got; I was particularly excited about the Natural Healing book as it is very detailed, and gives so many suggestions and solutions for tons of illnesses. They don't just suggest teas, but also exercises, reflexology, and meditations for various ailments. 


Then I got this rather random assortment. I adore the Dr Quinn Medicine Woman series, and own almost all the seasons, so I was pleased to score the few bonus movies they did. The little scroll, is meant to be hung on the wall, but I am using it as a book-end. The leaf, is a ceramic bowl, and I had to have the earrings that match a sweater I already own. 


I acquired a couple mini prints I already have up on my wall, and some vintage postcards. 


Next, a few clothing items, although I may need to make a few adjustments: a black pant suit set, an emerald cardigan, a 90s blue patterned dress, and a peach ruffled skirt. 


I had been on the hunt for a good juice pitcher, so I was so pleased to find a Tupperware pitcher that is exactly like the ones I used during my childhood! 


And then finally, and item I get almost every time I thrift; doilies. One can never possibly have too many doilies and you will find them tucked all over in my house! So much work goes into crocheting these tiny beauties, and yet the thrift store sells them for so little. My Mom crocheted doilies, so I suppose they are extra special to me. Plus I acquired 2 more lovely, glass vases and a glass candle holder! 


I hope you have enjoyed seeing one of my hauls! What has been a favorite, thrifted find of your's lately? Or vintage-shop scored, or Facebook Marketplace found... where do you go for cozy items? 

I hope your October is full of blessings! 




No comments:

Post a Comment