Wednesday 3 January 2024

Little House Life Hacks {A Book Recommendation}

  Happy New Year, my lovely blogging world! I have 3 months worth of wonderful adventures to share with you, but first I had to tell you about this darling book...

It was released last summer, and while I very rarely buy brand-new books (I prefer thrifting them), I knew immediately I had to make an exception for this one. I actually believe I ordered it within a week of its release. 

First, can we talk about this cover?! The classic, opening scene from the Little House on the Prairie TV show, but with the tiny twist of an phone (capturing a core memory, of course). 


The authors have a wonderful sense of humor and write in a very engaging style. They open-minded conversation around the Big Topics, with grace and acceptance towards every stage of life humans encounter. Also, they pull tons of references from both the books and the TV show, so no matter which version you grew up with, there will be moments you remember. 


The illustrations are absolutely beautiful, and honestly, it's easy to see they were inspired by Garth Williams himself. I think he would appreciate that touch. 

As you can see from the title of this chapter, it is a super-practical book, and I found it reassuring... like the authors understood this complicated human existence, and wanted to encourage all of us. 


Also, this print reminds me so much of Caroline - I can imagine her making a sturdy dress, with fabric that had this pattern on it. She was Pure Class, but incredibly strong! 

Now, I did acquire this book from The Site That Shall Not Be Named, so if you cannot acquire it through your local bookshop, it does exist there. 



I think it would make the perfect book to read in the month of January - some gentle reminders about the type of life we should be evolving towards. 

I hope your first week of the New Year has been wonderful and I will be returning soon with sooooo many autumnal, Christmas, and New Year adventures! 




1 comment:

  1. That looks like a book that would go down a treat here.

    ReplyDelete