Wednesday 3 January 2024

Soup Is Always A Good Idea {Meal Prepping}

    Greetings, bloggers! How many of you are meal preppers? I have been meal prepping my work lunches for ages, and not only does it save money, it saves me time, and I end up eating better. Plus, I really like having peaceful lunch breaks, if at all possible. 

I often like to listen to podcasts while I meal prep, and one of my favorites is We Can Do Hard Things with Glennon, Abby, and Amanda. They always challenge my way of thinking and I learn so much, plus it is the most reassuring, encouraging podcast. You can find out more ~HERE~ 

One of my favorite foods is Summer Borscht Soup. As I grew up in a Mennonite community, plus my Dad was raised Mennonite, this is a staple in our lives. 

I have previously blogged the recipe, so if you want to try making it, it is ~HERE~ 

However, I wanted to share some updated photos with y'all, so lets dive into making Good Soup! 

You can start by having a good cry (maybe from that emotional podcast I suggested?) - cutting up tons of onions. 


Then ya gotta blitz them, so the crying doesn't stop for a while. 


Yippeeee: Onion Mush.

Follow that up, by cubing a heap of potatoes.

I LOVE potatoes! #Obsessed 


While you are in the cubing headspace, cube up some ham.


Then you get to smell absolutely amazing, because you need to wash and chop parsley and dill! 


I mean, just look at that green: 


Next, your kitchen will start smelling incredible, as you slowly simmer several ingredients together. 


It's about to get even yummier, as you add a splash of this:


Then you simmer it all together, for a looooong time, adding the buttermilk right at the end! 

I really love all the colours! 

It always gets a little curdled, due to the buttermilk being added to the hot soup, but it tastes amazing. 


If you make this soup, do send me a photo of it! Also, highly recommend some homemade bread or buns to go with it. 

Now, not all of my meal prepping is so glamorous. In fact, it tends to look a lot more chaotic and boring. Here is Raccoon, meal prepping some Cabbage Roll Soup in the Instant Pot. 


And here is the above mentioned Cabbage Roll Soup: 


Something else I make for lunches a lot is perogies. And no, I don't make them from scratch, although I know how. I may do that one day soon! 

In the name of Real Life Transparency, sometimes it is easiest to buy frozen perogies, and just take that for lunches. Conserving energy, and keeping it super simple, is 100% okay, and necessary for survival while in burn-out mode. 


So, if you life doesn't always look aesthetic, flawlessly beautiful, and of course, suuuuppper healthy... no worries. Mine definitely doesn't! 

I would love to hear your meal prepping ideas! 

Have a wonderful week! 







No comments:

Post a Comment