Friday 5 January 2024

Our Cozy House

    Greetings, my friends! I did manage to make it back here quite quickly, which makes me very happy. I wanted to share a few snippets of my home with you this evening... 

In the past year, I have moved 3 times, as well as changed jobs 3 times, bought a new car... just endless amounts of big changes. For a while, I found it very hard to tell where my home actually was, and I am still in the process of getting all my addresses changed to one current address. That is a rather exhausting feat, and remembering postal codes is a whole other ball game. 

Now, we have been in our current tiny home for several months, and it feels like a proper home now. The baking bug is biting, hobbies are re-entering my life, decorating is always happening, furniture has been built, hooks hung, and there is more to come, I know. 

These photos are a bit older, but I will eventually be posting some posts about how I decorated for Autumn and Christmas. Even though our home is tiny, it is super cozy and inviting. We have wonderfully big, above-ground windows which makes such a difference! 


The Lazy-Boy chair belonged to Raccoon, and is quite old, but still very comfy. Typical of me, I didn't like the colour, and wanted it to match the main colour-scheme I was going for, as our living room and kitchen are basically one big room. 

So I acquired this cover off of The Site That Will Not Be Named, and it looks great! Plus, I can take it off and wash it when need be. 


You'll have noticed Bookshelf #1 lurking behind the Lazy-Boy, and this is another piece of furniture I converted. It's meant to be one of those shelves you slide fabric bins into, but I needed more bookshelf space. (To be honest, I ALWAYS need more bookshelf space!) I intend to paint it white, come spring, but for now, this does very nicely. 


Here is a closer look at some of the tiny pieces I put on top to help make it more cozy. Also, as you will come to see, I have books stashed everywhere! 


This gorgeous hat was sent to me by a dear friend and I absolutely had to hang it up! Somehow, it brings the perfect Anne of Green Gables touch to my otherwise very witchy corner. 


My wonderful, trusty desk that has been with me since I was in my mid-teens. It still remains perfect, but I am ruminating on whether or not I will paint it as well, come spring. However, the warm, red-toned wood fits my vibe nicely, and I like the worn-in look.

Yes, I still have a massive collection of washi-tape, and yes, I am still writing letters. I am a wee bit behind on them at the moment, but I did have a massive catch-up not too long ago, so they are all fairly recent! 


You should know that my bookshelf is stacked 2 deep, and now there are tons more books layered on top, with a huge stack beside and in front of it. Oh and I have books tucked SO many other places! 

Used book sales, thrift stores, and newly opened romance bookstores are deadly. 


One last little corner of my living room! Yet another example of how I am blending cozy Anne of Green Gables with enchanting Witchy vibes. I love a mixture of homey Little House on the Prairie, and messy Herbalist. 


I hope you have enjoyed seeing glimpses of my dwelling space! 

I will return shortly with more little snapshots of my world. Take good care, bloggers! 



1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed this tour, Bekah! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year wishes, though they are much belated!

    ReplyDelete