Sunday 7 January 2024

Our Autumnal House

    Guess what, blogging world?! We got more snow! Now, it isn't a lot, by any prairie standards, however every little bit is making a difference, and January has just begun. Sadly, I also need to report that the bitterly cold temperatures are coming along with it, and they are predicting in the -30s Celsius within a few days. 

But let us go back to the end of September, when I decorated our home for autumn. Honestly, it made the biggest difference to how much at home I felt, and I believe that was the turning point where it became more settled in my mind. 

At this point, it was still very much a construction zone, and they had not put in gravel, fake grass, fences, etc. Basically, things were incredibly DUSTY, and I didn't bother trying to clean down the door or siding. That will be a spring project.

I had to acquire a few pumpkins (that adventure will be posted soon), and getting to see them as we arrived home made it feel a lot more welcoming. 


I got to pick these sunflowers from the field myself, which was so fun. But if you have never gotten live sunflowers, just be aware they don't last incredibly long, and are super messy. However, the beauty they bring for that week is well worth it. 


The little nook above our kitchen sink. I am considering putting one of those stained glass window stickers here, as I really am not enjoying looking out at gravel and an air conditioner. But sometimes the neighbors cat comes and looks in here, which is the best! 


I had to grab these candy jars when I saw them at Dollarama. In case you can't read them, one says Death By Candy and the other says Pick Your Poison. 


It's definitely the little touches that change a house to a home. Bouquets in clear glass vases and garlands on windows are some of them. 


You can see outside the window how they had begun the landscaping, but were nowhere near done, and we just looked out at gravel and bins. Which, I suppose, makes having your windowsill done up extra pretty! 


A few more tiny details in my little witchy nook. Yes, that's a rat skeleton. 

I have 2 salt rock lamps, but at the moment, I only have a spot for one, and the orange-red glow it casts is particularly autumnal. 

And yes, not even our bedroom escaped. I had to add a few autumnal touches. Hehe! 


Well that's all I have to share with you in this post! I hope you are having a peaceful weekend with plenty of opportunities to do things that bring you joy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment