Saturday 14 March 2015

La Kitchenette Souris : Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

You may see this cookie recipe more than once, in photos, perhaps.
I use the dough base to do a lot of different types of cookies: around Christmas I made these, but put almonds & cinnamon on top.

You could also put:
~ any sort of nuts
~ a few pieces of fruit
~ jelly beans
~mini eggs to make bird nests
~ cinnamon hearts
~ any sort of chocolate chips, etc.

I used my thumb to make a small imprint & tucked my chips into that. 

Other things to sprinkle on top:
~cinnamon
~coconut flakes
~sprinkles
~chocolate shavings (right after they have come out of the oven)

Some of my cookies have been super fluffy & haven't spread at all.
Other batches have flatted & spread like mad (as you can see in the below photo).
Seems to be different depending on whether you use butter or margarine. 
I would be interested in seeing how yours turn out & what you used! 


Peanut Butter Chip Cookies


1 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 1/2 cups flour (or possibly a bit more, if dough is too sticky)

Mix all ingredients together.
The longer you knead, the smoother & less crumbly the dough will get.

Form into 1 inch balls & press down with a fork.
(Or use your thumb like I stated above)
These can also be rolled out & cut with cookie cutters. 

Bake at 300F for 10-12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment