Tuesday 17 March 2015

La Kitchenette Souris : Spaghetti & Meatballs

This recipe was honestly challenging.
I found it online & it definitely had a few steps & possibly ingredients missing.

I made a few adjustments as I made it, but I am going to make a few more now as I type out this recipe for you, which will make it much easier & they will turn out better. 

I am not a big meatball fan. 
This recipe was good & I am guessing people who love meatballs, might think it is great.
Honestly, I prefer basic meat sauce for my spaghetti~ more sauce than meat.

But eh, I tried something new & that was the whole point! 

Who knows, might give it a go again sometime...


Spaghetti & Meatballs


2 (30 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
2 pounds lean ground beef
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups dry breadcrumbs
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped (I used frozen)
1 garlic clove, minced (make sure it is very fine)
3/4 teaspoons salt
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
Spaghetti, cooked (amount up to you)

Place sauce in a large saucepan & simmer over medium heat.

In a large bowl mix beef, eggs, crumbs, parsley, garlic, salt & Parmesan cheese. 

Shape into balls.
(The size is up to you, just remember, the bigger they are, the longer you will need to fry them & then cook them to ensure they are done all the way through)

Place in frying pan & fry until well done.
Mine were burning already before I removed them, and I kept turning them so all sides would be browned.
They softened up really nice after cooking in the sauce.

Place meatballs in simmering sauce.
When sauce returns to a strong simmer, cover & cook 30-35 minutes (or more) until cooked through & well "soaked".

Serve immediately over warm spaghetti.

No comments:

Post a Comment