Thursday 3 September 2015

Curious Wren : The Bookish Tag

The lovely ~Annie~ recently went live with her new blog, ~Curious Wren~ .

As part of her launch party, she had this ~Awesome Tag~ which I couldn't resist doing, even if I am a bit late in getting it posted! 


1. What was the last book you read, and would you recommend it?
"The Icing on the Cake" by Janice Thompson. It is part of her "Weddings By Design" series. 
For a romantic comedy, it was really well done. Definitely humorous & charming, with a good flair for the dramatic, resulting in being quite entertaining.
If you like Christian Fiction & Romance, then you will want to add this series onto your list!


2. Describe the perfect reading spot.
Hmm...if I had no limitations & could be anywhere I wanted to be, it would be out by the sea, on a warm sunny day, just sitting in the sand. 


That would be my perfect reading spot.
As it is, I sit in bed, cuddled into my mousie-nest of blankets.
3. Favorite book beverage? Tea? Coffee? Hot chocolate? Tears of your readers?
Oh definitely French Vanilla Cappuccino.
Although I almost always have some kind of drink in hand.


But I like hot cappuccino or tea for any kind of reading or writing.
Except for blogging. When I blog, I need something more sugar loaded. Haha.
4. Share favorite quotes from four books.






5. What is your most loved fantasy read? Dystopia? Contemporary? Sci-fi? Classic?
I actually don't read fantasy, although perhaps one series I have read falls into that category, unless you count fairytales as "fantasy" in this case, because I have read all of Melanie Dickerson's novels, & a few other fairytale retellings as well. I never tire of reading some version or another of "Beauty & the Beast" because I am 100% Belle. 
The series that might count is the "River of Time" series by Lisa T. Bergren.


However, I was sadly disappointed with the last 2 novels in the series, so now I have to re-read the first 3 to see if I actually liked them, or if now perhaps I find them to vulgar & wanting in refinement. 
6. List three authors you’ve collected the most books from.
Oh goodness, this is difficult as I tend to collect series, so that means I have rows of books by the same author. Let's see:
~Janette Oke ~Linda Ford ~Lucy Maud Montgomery ~Ben Baglio ~Martha Finley ~Erynn Mangum


Well those are the ones that come to mind. More than 3, but they are authors whose series I have collected over the years & have most of them still, despite having moved across the country on more than one occasion. 
7. What are your thoughts on magic in literature?
Well honestly, it depends. I have never been into "magic" that much. 
Even a lot of Disney movies I have never cared for, despite having seen a few of them now.
While I did enjoy "Frozen" & found it all together hilarious but also touching, the area of "magic" I leave alone because I feel it can often tread a very dangerous line.
Sometimes I will check things out that involve "time travel" or "unexplained healings" & so on, but it is rare I come across something that addresses the topic of "magic" in a more "proper way". 
I think I would need an example if I were to give a more deep, thorough answer. 
8. What types of book covers capture your imagination most strongly? Feel free to include images.
Historical, romantic, & with a hint of the classics about them.
It is true, covers do catch my eye, but when my eye is caught by a cover, it is always historical with a gorgeous outfit being involved. *heehee*
For example, this type of cover would catch my eye:
{And by the way, I highly recommend this book & any others by my friend, ~Linda Ford~ !!}
9. Mention the first book character that comes to mind. Elaborate on this.
Anne Shirley. 
No kidding. She literally blasts into my brain every time someone says "book character". 


Quite possibly because "Anne of Green Gables" is one of the first books I ever remember reading... it is one of the first books to hit my favorite list... it is one of very view books I have read more than 5 times & never grow tired of... and my love for Anne & Kindred Spirits & Prince Edward Island has brought me so many delights & joys, like getting to live on the Island a couple months, starting to write my own fiction, and also meeting amazing friends (some of which I have now started a blog with, ~ The Kindred Spirits Club~)
10. Do you lend out your books? Or is that the equivalent to giving away your babies?
It is very rare that I will lend out my books, because yes, it is like giving away my babies.
Also, I have lent out books only to have them returned months & months later, and damaged on top of that. 


So I have to have a really good sense about the person & see how they handle their own personal items before I will lend out books.


I hope you have enjoyed reading "The Bookish Tag" & I am sure Annie would not mind if y'all wanted to do this tag too, just leave a comment for her on her blog when you've posted it!


No comments:

Post a Comment