Tuesday 29 August 2023

I'm Back?!?! New Banana Bread Recipe

Helllooooooo! Can it be? Is she really attempting to make an attempt at blogging again? Maybe. 

l am well aware this blog hasn't been touched in years and is remarkably dated. In fact, the girl who started it in 2013 and truly vanished in 2017, isn't the same girl at all. But l don't feel the need to explain or update y'all or any of that customary stuff. I really just wanted to share this yummy recipe & give this old blog a fresh look. 

{Found via Google}


I really am starting to crave going more analog & am making small steps towards the life I hope to have in the future. I am unsure if people even read blogs anymore. To be honest, the only blog I read, is when ~ Susan Branch ~ sends out the monthly Willard! However, I miss writing... I miss creating... I miss painting... I miss sitting down & typing out my soul in a peculiar, online-journal sort of way. And if life goes the direction I am steering it, then this ole blog may be an important part of that. 

{Found via Pinterest/Mountain Rose Herbs}


I am still active on Instagram, taking people on all my adventures, while trying to remain honest about what everyday life looks like... and I joined the TikTok world where I create cozy, wee vlogs. If you aren't already a part of my world there, let me know & I can privately send you that info. Not quite ready to make all that information public to anyone who stumbles across this blog. (I am quite shocked at how many people still visit & head to the recipe glossary!) 

If you are still here, reading, or if you are new to my world, leave a comment, say hello! Tell me your thoughts about the blogging world... what would make you return to this type of connection? 

Before I introduce you to this cozy recipe, allow me to set the mood with...you had to have seen this coming... one of my favorite pieces of music: ~ Anne's Theme by Hagood Hardy ~ 

{Found via Pinterest}



Now that your headspace is becoming a calmer, gentler place, allow me to present you with inviting, delicious carbs, that even a beginner baker could successfully make! 

Darlings. You know the only things I have ever failed at making are those dreadful baked good mixes you get at the store and... banana bread. *hehe* #whyhowwhateven 

But not with this recipe! First attempt, turned out perfectly. I had intended to make it once again this week, but I have such a loooong list of sweet treats I wanna try to bake soon. Without further ado, here is the recipe: 

Easy Banana Bread



3 ripe bananas
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup melted butter
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional - I sprinkled some just on top)

Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease 9"x5" loaf pan.
Combine bananas, sugar, egg, and butter together in a bowl.
Mix flour and baking soda together in a separate bowl; stir into banana mixture just until batter is mixed. 
Stir in salt & chocolate chips; pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. 
(I think mine was pretty much dead on an hour!)
Let rest on cooling rack for a few minutes before diving in. 



Let me know if you try this recipe, and I would love to see photos of the results, so leave me a comment, or send me a message. If I actually got enough, maybe I could share a Reader Results post ~ that would be a lot of fun!

That's all from me today, folks. Welcome back to the blogging sphere; I hope you will join me! I really think we should spend less time on speedy-scrolly social media platforms and more time on slower platforms that take investment and time. Let me know if you have a blog I can check out! 

Farewell for today. ❤

{Found via Pinterest}



2 comments:

  1. Hi Bekah. I think plenty of people are still writing and reading blogs (substack seems popular at the moment). I have on and off tried to get back to writing too but I over-think it and just don't. Maybe one day.
    The banana bread recipe sounds very nice and I am sure I have some frozen bananas in the depths of the freezer so I'll give it a go.
    Nice to see you back here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Bekah. Yeah, I'm a blogger, with three "malnourished" blogs. LOL Well, my main blog is active, but the other two, not as much, but I'm wanting to write on them more often. Your blog is lovely! I'll have to try the banana bread, but I'll veganize it. Looking forward to reading more from you!

    ReplyDelete