Tuesday 14 July 2015

Pion-Era At The Western Development Museum

Mom & I were able to go to Pion-Era this year, which is like pioneer days at the museum in Saskatoon.

The Western Development Museum/Boomtown is always a cool place to go~ they do an excellent job with displays & it really tells you how the prairies were settled, etc. 
Very informative & I recommend visiting!

During Pion-Era days, they have outdoor displays & such set up, as well as live performances of things like how threshing has been done over the decades, sheepdog herding, flour milling & much more.

It's a great opportunity for kids to learn, old folks to remember days gone by, and just a fun thing to do.

Despite getting a nasty sunburn (which is so normal for this sunscreen-allergic rodent), it was a good day & I hope you will enjoy seeing the 50-odd photos I took.

There are 2 short videos on my Instagram as well:
~Fiddle Music~
~Train Set~




















































I hope you've enjoyed this little glimpse of Pion-Era! 

I will be returning soon with photos of the impressive Snowbirds that visited us for the Saskatoon Airshow!

No comments:

Post a Comment