Sunday 2 June 2024

The Beauty of Winter

     Hello, my online friends and random strangers who may stumble across this blog! Does that make anyone else feel a bit odd, that **anyone** could be reading this and thinking, "Oh she's my vibe!" or "Oh, she's a weirdo!"??? Surely it can't just be me. Haha

In early February, I found myself downtown for an appointment, and the sun was just beginning to come up, so I made a quick trip down to the river and caught this incredible frosty, sunrise moment. 

I could attempt to come up with a caption for each photo, but then you would probably see the word "breathtaking" far more than you want to. So here are my words for these snaps, besides "breathtaking": stunning, gorgeous, beautiful, wow, incredible, dude the nature stuffs though.... 

I hope you will enjoy looking through these calm moments, before the city turned into a hustling, bustling mess. (Can you tell I am over the 9-5 rat race?)



















And now we take a drive to another gorgeous spot, my beautiful land, out on the prairies. 
This was pre the crazy blizzard we were about to receive, but was not on our radar yet (omg, wait until that post goes up, y'all!), so it was pleasant walking about, sun was out, snow was sparkling, and I definitely hold onto this memory fondly. 




This trail was made by the deer, who are plentiful on my little acreage. I love that during the winter you can visibly see just how cozy they are here, tucking themselves into the rows of caragana, for sleeping times. 





Well, I hope you enjoyed wandering around during the winter with me, even though it is now June, and in my part of the world, it's summer, or something like summer (too many grey, cool, rainy days here to truly tell). 

Honestly, I have settled into acceptance of the fact I will always be a bit behind, but doing my best to juggle all the things! Welcome to the club, to those of you there with me... 





No comments:

Post a Comment