Saturday 7 September 2024

A Wee Spot Of Berry Picking

      It's the weekend, hopefully that means at least 1 day of rest somewhere in there! Most of us have to work weekends in our current backwards society, including me. But I am off Sundays, so I always look forward to tomorrow. 

You know I can never let the summer pass without getting to pick berries at least once. This time, S wanted some to freeze for the winter, so I went along just to help pick, because I love it SO MUCH. 

This year we went to a well-known U-pick, and it was a pleasant morning indeed. Look at those skies! 





A gorgeous, little walk out to the berry patch. 



Some people were complaining that the picking wasn't good enough, but I saw no problems whatsoever and had zero challenges quickly filling my bucket! I have been picking Saskatoon Berries my entire life. I have young, childhood memories of helping my parents pick berries. My Dad is as obsessed as I am, so that makes sense I inherited that! 


We easily filled two ice cream pails full, which will keep S well stocked for most of winter. She makes incredible baked goods with fruits! 



Then we wandered through the greenhouse area and while I didn't buy any flowers, I did purchase 2 large raspberry bushes for an excellent price! You will have seen them both pictured in my previous post about our food forest. 



Do you love berry picking? Did you pick anything this year? Share you berry memories in the comments below; I love hearing from you SO much! 



No comments:

Post a Comment