Saturday 31 August 2024

A Breathtaking Evening At The Pond

      Good Morning, world! I am excited to share this summer memory with you today... even though this pond is within a short driving distance, we hadn't visited it in a while, so it was so pleasant to return. We also picked the perfect evening for a stroll... I mean, look at this view! 



There is also a little creek running down towards the pond. Yes, it is all man-made, but the sounds are still lovely and it is beautiful. I am so pleased some neighborhoods are starting to realize green spaces are important, because the development area I live in doesn't understand that. 



Here I am standing on the tiny, wooden bridge they have built over the creek. 


This is where I finally started feeling comfortable taking selfies and putting myself back in front of the camera more regularly, thanks to eating a much better diet, getting more movement in, and seeing inflammation go down. I am also undergoing a form of hormone withdrawal thanks to going off a medication I was on 12 years, thus experiencing a lot of new things, like acne, for the first time in a decade... 


One of my favorite photos I snapped this particular evening. 






There were a few darling ducks, happily paddling around. There is some good algae for the eating here, and every year, you can count on getting to see baby ducklings, which we did see later on this evening! 





"Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate. Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May, and summer's lease hath all too short a date." –William Shakespeare



"Spring being a tough act to follow, God created June." –Al Bernstein



Just a couple random photos I wanted to include with this post, before we end.... 




No comments:

Post a Comment